Wednesday, April 16, 2008

For You With Love...

My 14 year old daughter is the godparent of one of my friend's children who is about to celebrate her first birthday and she just loves giraffes! So my daughter asked me to create a card for her using the giraffe from the Wild About You stamp set. I chose Pumpkin Pie from Stampin' Up!'s Earth Elements® colour family as my main colour because it made be think of a giraffe and then using Stampin' Up!'s Color Coach® I found that Ballet Blue from the Rich Regals® colour family was suggested as the Complementary Color. I was so glad that I followed the suggested combination as it looks so fresh and bright, just the effect I wanted to achieve.

If you are like me and often have trouble working out what colours to use on a project you need the assistance of Stampin' Up!'s Color Coach®. You select a main colour and point the arrow to it and the Color Coach® provides you with two options: Coordinating Colors - showing three colours that can be used individually with your main colour or a combination of two or all three to create stunning results; and Complementary Color - a colour that will complement your chosen main colour to get a great result.


Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Love your little giraffe card! and the colours do go well together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails