Saturday, July 26, 2008

Leah!

I seemed to have neglected my scrapbooking lately and it has been taken over with card making and learning new skills with Photoshop!

However, I generally try to get together once a week with a group of like minded friends who enjoy scrapbooking. Nikki has a great space in which we get together regularly on a Monday night and share our love of scrapbooking, bouncing ideas and techniques etc of one another. Each month she gives us a challenge (which usually includes two or three items that need to be incorporated on a layout or a technique that we are challenged to try!) and in addition about every six weeks one of the others in the group will put forward an additional challenge to do (to try a new skill or technique).

Recently Raweyn challenged us to do a layout using a 'large photo' as the focal point of the page! I had taken some photos of my nieces while visiting them in Victoria last year and a special one for me was of my niece 'Leah' who says she 'loves Auntie Mae' and we enjoyed colouring in together! So I decided to get this photo enlarged to use for this particular challenge and I really liked the end result - what do you think? Doesn't she have the most gorgeous smile and look at those beautiful eyes!



I used a 12x12 sheet of Stampin' Up! Cool Caribbean from last year's In Color range and stamped it with the Spot On jumbo roller. I can not remember if I used the Taken with Teal or the Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink colour, as our layouts get displayed for the six weeks until the next challenge is due (and of course I did not write down the items used at that time - my memory is definately not what it used to be!). I used a heart from Stampin' Up!'s chipboard range - On Board Accents and used a black Opals Embossing Enamel to emboss the heart before impressing a stamp from the Seeing Spots set into before it set. The title Leah is using Heidi Swapp letters and the blue Bazzil flowers are attached with Stampin' Up!'s Rhinestone brads. Nikki had a piece of ribbon that just went so well with the dress Leah was wearing at the time.

I hope you enjoy looking at this layout as much as I do and get that lovely glow of happiness inside that a child's smile can bring! Leah I hope your mum shows you this when she nexts drops into my blog - I intend to frame this layout and send it over to you all soon.

Happy stamping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails