Sunday, July 6, 2008

One Sheet Wonder preparation among other things!

It has been a busy week working and rearranging our kitchen to fit into our lounge room so that our kitchen floor could be sanded and varnished this weekend. The floor has now been done and it looks great, so glad we decided to stay with the natural floor boards and not cover them up! Renovating really does disrupt the routine of a household but by the end of this week I am sure we will really appreciate the compromises and the strong varnish smell that has permeated the house.

It did not affect my scrapping/stamping area (other than the smell) so I was able to continue with my preparations for my next stamp workshop to be held here at my home (which was meant to be last Friday, however, it has been postponed for a week to allow the kitchen floor to be completed).

The theme for this stamp workshop is a One Sheet Wonder where you use one sheet of patterned paper (either Designer Series Paper or a self-stamped sheet to create a multitude of cards, you can either use an A4 or 12x12 sheet). I have opted to use a 12x12 self-stamped pattern on Whisper White cardstock, creating my own template of cutting sizes/shapes to then create 12 cards. As many of my friends are scrapbookers I will also be promoting this self-stamped 12x12 sheet as a way of making your own personalised pattern paper as a background sheet for layouts.

I have photographed my 12x12 stamped sheet before and after cutting as well as taking photos of the group of 12 cards and each individual card - these will be loaded to my blog soon (I just need to find my copyright watermark image to embed onto my photos before uploading them and we have recently upgraded our computer!). I have also created my 12x12 One Sheet Wonder template in Photoshop and want to also create basic images of the created cards in Photoshop so that I can share with others my design - again this will be uploaded to my blog when completed and my watermark image has been added. So check back again over the next week or two to see the results or subscribe to receive emails of when my blog is updated (see link on the left).

Happy stamping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails