Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kristina Werner Colour Challenge #20

When I browsed on Kristina's blog again tonight I noticed she had posted yet another Colour Challenge and so of course I had to give it a go! I looked at the image and colours she had posted and tried to picture a design in my head by locating my Stampin' Up! stamp pads and pens of the same colour (I selected Pretty in Pink instead of the US's In Color - pink pirouette) and placing them in front of me on my workspace. This is the card that I finally created from her Colour Challenge pictured below my card.

Stamp Set: Garden Whimsy
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose
Technique: Masking

If you think this was my first inspiration, then think again! In fact I tried a design using a Stampin' Up! wheel and masking butterflies with the colour combinations and my art critics (son, daughter and husband all liked different elements of what I was doing and encouraged me to keep experimenting). These I will turn into cards later. So I played some more and even then I did a few 'practice' runs (first picture below) criticising elements of them myself - like having the snail in front or behind the flowers, placement of the tulips etc! Everyone liked what I finally created and so second picture below you can see my messy workspace which I will leave to tidy tomorrow to have a clear work area so I can create another time as it is now 11:00 pm and time I was in bed as I have my 'regular' 9 to 5 job to go to tomorrow. I will hopefully find some more time to be creative on Friday my day at home and over the weekend as well as sharing with you all on my blog.


Happy stamping!

15 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so happy to hear that other people create, then recreate, over and over to get the card they invisioned. I so that all the time. You card turned out cute.

travelingmama said...

So sweet! TFS!

Kathryn said...

Beautiful images -- so very pretty!
I love the butterflies! :)

Anonymous said...

OH this is so pretty and light, I love it. I am not doing a color challenge today, I'd love for you to check out my blog this week and see why.....Thank you so much, Hugs ~Donna Centamore

Tanja said...

This card is so pretty! Love it!

Chook said...

I really like your card Mae.

Shawntel said...

It looks like you went through a lot of paper to get to this great card! I love the pretty little layers on your card, very nice!!

Rachel Hope said...

Very fun! Great scene

Catherine said...

too cute!

Mae Collins said...

Each of the pieces that I used I still have and will reuse them for other cards by simply changing them slightly or as each piece of card has two sides I will simply turn it over and use the other side! Recycling is good for the environment and the soul.

kareNstampZ said...

love the card very sweet

Two Happy Stampers said...

Great job using that set. Cute!

Becky said...

Beautiful!

sarahjane said...

I like it a lot.... looks like your hard work paid off! Congrats on 10 Randomly Selected... still a winner in my book!

Sherri said...

Very pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails