Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration #23

Well it's that time of the week again when Kristina Werner posts another Colour Inspiration on her blog and the colours she put together this time were: Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Old Olive. As she said great autumn colours!


Immediately I had two ideas come into my head for this colour inspiration - naturally (no pun intended!) a stamp set that goes well with these autumn colours is the 'Lovely As a Tree' set, so that's the one I used for my card below:

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink/Markers: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, So Saffron
Embelishments: Jumbo eyelet (pewter), 2.5cm wide Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon

I inked my tree with So Saffron and then using sponge daubers I dabbed on some Pumpkin Pie and Bravo Burgundy ink over the tree tops. I used the Chocolate Chip and Old Olive markers to ink up the tree trunk and grass. After stamping one tree I masked it and re-inked my stamp and stamped a second image and continued masking, re-inking and stamping until I had the picture I wanted. I used the Seaside Sketches stamp set to stamp the birds in Bravo Burgundy on my picture. I inked the edges of my Whisper White with Chocolate Chip ink and then mounted it on So Saffron cardstock and then again on Old Olive cardstock. I then used my Crop-a-dile to set my jumbo eyelet (easily through this card thickness!) and then threaded through a small piece of the Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon. Then I mounted my picture onto a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock using Stampin' Dimensions to give it a bit of a lift and to account for the ribbon underneath. This was then mounted on a card base of Chocolate Chip cardstock.

To save wastage of cardstock (if you could pull my card apart) you would see that I had also punched out tag shapes etc from underneath the mounted pieces to use for other cards or to make 'card candy'.

As I wanted to get atleast one card listed on Kristina's blog before the deadline and with the time getting late (and I have to go to my 'day' job tomorrow - and it will be very busy due to recent ministerial changes!) I will have to create my second idea another time and post it here then!

Thanks for looking.

Happy stamping!

15 comments:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

I love this stamp set and your card makes me think of autumn...thanks for sharing it~Donna

Becky said...

Gorgeous! So elegant! Love it!

Mary said...

Oooh, love the card. The colors do go well with this set!

Kristy said...

Oh I just love this card! TFS I think I better get this set out and dust it off and make some use of it again lol.

Ange Kelly said...

Great card ... I love this set. It is so versatile

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous - -Love the image -- :)

Shari said...

Great Card! Love the colors for the tree's

Mel H. said...

Beautiful card. I'm so glad I just ordered this set!!!

Deanna said...

Just beautiful!gazts

Dallas said...

OMG! that looks incredible! fabulous job!!

Savitri said...

WOW! LOVE how you stamped the trees!!! GORGEOUS!

Tina said...

Love this card, love that tree stamp!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Love the stamping technique with the trees. I really like this set. I must be the only demo that doesn't have it...mmm, must do something about that!

Great card!

Shawntel said...

I love the layers on your card! They are very pretty! Your trees are so gorgeous! I love the sponged on color!

Sarah Gough said...

Great job with the challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails