Saturday, November 29, 2008

A4 Pouch Instructions...

As promised in my earlier post (Kristina Werner Challenge #32) here are the instructions to the A4 pouch that I created. Aaron from Stampin' Up!® demonstrated this at the Hobart Regionals session and I especially liked it as it was quick and easy, which I like! I have modified his measurements slightly to make them easier to remember and have included photos to help demonstrate the project step by step.

Step 1. Start with an A4 sheet of card stock and score the long side in at 6 cm. Do this on both long sides.

Step 2. Score the short side in at 12.5 cm. Do this on both short sides.

Step 3. Measure 5.5 cm from the score line on the long side and mark this point with a pencil. Do this twice on each of the long sides. Score from each point in to its closest intersection of the previously scored lines.

The picture below shows the score lines as light grey lines and shows the measurements for the 6 cm, 12.5 cm and 5.5 cm to get a visual of what is written in steps 1 to 3.


Step 4. Crease all lines by folding the card stock in toward the centre on all straight lines and folding the card stock out on the diagonal score lines. This will cause opposite peaks and valleys between your straight score lines and the diagonal ones.


Step 5. Stamp the outside of your pouch if you want to. I used Versamark and the Season of Joy stamp set which seems to becoming a favourite of mine at this time of the year.

Step 6. With the card stock flat, take one corner and fold in at the straight score line long side, and then fold closest diagonal line back (I hope you can see this clearly from my right hand in the photo below). Repeat with each corner. This should give you a small box-like base with two long sides and two short sides.


Step 7. Pinch the long sides together and seal using Hodgepodge Hardware or ribbon (or both as I have done!). I also decorated mine with an additional accent and greeting on the front panel of the pouch. I also added a rhinestone brad to highlight a spot on the christmas tree.


As you can see with my open pouch below it easily fits three or four delicious Lindt chocoloate balls or any other little Christmas gift you may like to give to someone.



I think this A4 pouch is so quick and easy to make and with different stamp sets and card stock it can be a popular one throughout the year to package small gifts and treats.

I hope you found these instructions clear and easy to follow and that the pictures help to understand the folding process. Feel free to post a comment with a link to your blog or website if you have a go at this easy A4 pouch and thanks again to Aaron for sharing this with us at Hobart Regionals.

Happy stamping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails