Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday cards for November --- the start of them!

My parents were visiting this weekend from Devonport, which is in the North of the State of Tasmania (3 1/2 hour drive away from us - for those not familiar with this beautiful part of the world) and as it was my father's birthday this week I thought I should take the opportunity to make and give him a card personally.

This is the one I made for him:
Stamps: For Father (from Summer Mini Catalogue 2008-2009, begins 1 December)
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Inks: Basic Grey, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Watercolour Paper, Stampin' Write Markers, aqua painter, brads, Twill tape, sponge daubers (to ink the edges), snail adhesive

My niece Holly was also having a birthday this week, she turns 5 tomorrow and so this is the card I made for her:
Stamps: Live Your Dream (from Summer Mini Catalogue 2008-2009, begins 1 December)
Cardstock: Carousel Notes (Groovy Guava) (from Summer Mini also), Whisper White
Inks: Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Flower Fusion felt flowers (from Summer Mini also), soft subtle brads, Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals, paper piercer, snail adhesive

The Carousel Notes are die-cut, scalloped circles and come in three colours: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, and Wild Wasabi and they come with Chocolate Chip envelopes. To get the nice circular pierced holes I used a Creative Memories Circle Cutter to guide my circle and I guessed the spacing between the holes, I don't think it turned out too bad. I scored down the left-hand side of the front piece and adhered it to the back one to create a folded card.

My daughter like this card so much that she has commissioned me to make another for one of her friends who is celebrating their birthday this week. I then have to make another couple of birthday cards for family/friends celebrating birthdays the week after and I think there is another one or two at the end of the month -- so many to keep track of when you come from a big family!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep my big boy turns 1 in 9 Days

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails