Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration #29

I seem to be a regular visitor to Kristina's blog and so get inspired to participate in her colour inspirations, and so here is another one...

I am also a regular visitor to Michelle Zindorf's blog as I enjoy trying her tutorials to try and improve my brayer techniques. I followed her Summer's End- Tutorial #113 but used the colours set by Kristina -- Taken with Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and as I did not have Pacific Point I substituted this with Blue Lagoon from my ColorBox chalk inks as I didn't feel that any of the Stampin' Up! blue colours I had were close enough.

I coloured in the boy with my Stampin' Write Markers -- Pumpkin Pie and Taken with Teal and then went over the sandcastle, starfish and boy with a Versamark Pen. I then used my clear embossing powder and heat gun to set this.

I then brayered some Blue Lagoon ink over the top edge of my Whisper White cardstock and then brayered Pumpkin Pie over the bottom edge. I sponged some Blue Lagoon between the two colours to bring them closer together. I then masked the top edge of my card and sponged Taken with Teal from the mask's edge down closer to the Pumpkin Pie colour. I used Pumpkin Pie to sponge the edge of my picture. I used my white gel pen to add the effect of foam at the water edge.

I mounted this on picture on Elegant Eggplant cardstock and added my Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon and a few black brads. This was then mounted on a piece of Taken with Teal cardstock that I split apart, sponged the edges with Taken with Teal ink and also made a line of holes with my paper piercer and mat pack. I then mounted the whole design onto a card made from Elegant Eggplant cardstock.

My husband actually helped inspire me with this card as he said the colours in Kristina's challenge reminded him of beaches, water, fishes or something along that line -- mainly the blue and teal colours.

Looking at the close-up shot of the little boy makes me realise that I will have to be little more exact when using my Versamark pen as the embossing powder has set outside of some of the smaller areas and therefore the brayered ink does not colour as close in to the edges of the image. Oh what a shame I will have to practice some more and play some more with my stamps, brayer and other crafting tools that I have!

Anyway thanks for looking and I hope you continue to get inspiration from what you seen when "surfing" other blogs like mine.

Happy stamping!

15 comments:

KimmyS said...

Amazing!!!! I adore how you used the colours for the image - that is just brilliant

Leah said...

This is so beautiful.

Christina said...

Oh wow! I love what you did with the beach and the water on this card! That is beautiful!

Sankari W. said...

what a beautiful scene you have created with these fun colors! love all the little details that you have added - beautiful!
best wishes,
sankari :)

Karen said...

Hi Mae!!

This is just lovely! I must use that set again soon!

Karen
xo

Karen Sullivan said...

nicely colored card - the sand is so realistic!

Christi said...

Beautiful!!!

Sylvia Nelson said...

Absolutely beautiful card. What an inspiration. Thanks

Becky said...

Gorgeous!

Savitri said...

Nice coloring job! Gorgeous!

zukesgirl said...

WOW - that is beautiful

Jill said...

Wow! Great job with the colors. I love this image--it reminds me of my little boys. :)

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Mae!

Liz said...

wow! Your brayer work is fantastic! Love this

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Congratulations on making the finale!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails