Friday, November 21, 2008

Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration #31

It's that time of the week again for another Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration and I think I should be just in time to get my card linked onto her blog with the other ones, although much later than many of them! I decided not to look at the other entries until I had created mine as I did not want to be influenced by their designs and wanted to see what the colours and image inspired from me and here it is:

Stamps: Infinite Goodness (Level 2 Hostess gift), Seasons of Joy (for the words)
Cardstock: So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Inks: Close to Cocoa (to stamp the image several times to create the wreath), Elegant Eggplant (words)
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie), gold thread, paper piercer, Crystal Effects, Grosgrain Ribbon (Elegant Eggplant), snail adhesive and mini glue dots for the bow

If you look closely you will notice that I weaved some gold thread through the wreath. By clicking on the card image above it will enlarge it so you can see more of the detail including the gold thread weaved through and some of the berries have been covered with crystal effects to shine more - I need to practice with my photoshop program to highlight parts of my image to show the detail in close-up!

These were the colours Kristina gave us and as you can see I was also inspired by her image.


I hope you enjoyed looking at my design and I will now go and check out the others to see how they were inspired. Thanks again to Kristina for the challenge!

Happy stamping!

10 comments:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Thios is exactly like her image...so clever! I really like your creation! ~Donna

Becky said...

How gorgeous! I love it!

Ryemilan said...

Lovely card Mae.

Sam.

Robyn said...

Wow Mae!! This is really gorgeous! I loved how you added the gold thread weaving- what a great idea!!
Well done- Good luck in the round up!

Katherine said...

This is very nice! Well done.

Leonie said...

I love these wreath type cards everyone is coming up with, yours looks great :)

Hannah-Cherie said...

A very BEAUTIFUL card!

Kate's Life said...

Beautiful use of the colours! Great card!

SnappyStamper said...

Beautiful card & great use of the hostess set!!!

Jean said...

Mae, I think this is one of the nicest cards I have seen so far - clever use of the stamps to make that wreath - tis beautiful!!

Cheers, Jean

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails