Thursday, January 29, 2009

A4 One Sheet Wonder - that I created today!

Today I was self involved and spent all my day stamping and creating (as my husband sad 'what a thing to do on your holidays!'), and then it has taken me all night to get my creations ready for loading to my blog. One of the time consuming tasks I had to do was recreate my watermark image to reflect 2009 in the text. The first one I designed in Photoshop I did not create in layers and so forgot what fonts I used and layout designs etc - so this time (after having some tutoring by my son's friend a few months ago) I had to practice what I learnt. I created my watermark image in layers, so next year it will simply be a matter of opening the image and selecting the layer with the year text and changing it to 2010, that is the plan anyway!

Recently a few New Zealand ladies have been visiting my blog to see my One Sheet Wonder designs (thanks for the comments!), where you use one sheet as the main feature to create (reasonably quickly - depends on how much embelishment etc you do with them!) a suite a cards. The previous ones that I have done have been based on a 12x12 stamped sheet (or one sheet of 12x12 designer series paper).

This time I thought I would do a different size, using one sheet of A4 Whisper White cardstock stamped with my own pattern, and see what template and designs I could come up with. In the end I created nine cards and I used a monochromatic colour scheme - Whisper White as the card bases and Old Olive and Certainly Celery as the coordinating colours. I used the Stampin' Up! stamp set 'Friendly Flowers' to create the A4 feature sheet. Here is a group photo of the nine cards, below this is the template I designed with cutting measurements and below that is a link to an album displaying each of the cards photographed individually.



Feel free to use the template and have a go at designing your own A4 patterned paper to then create a suite of nine cards. If you also make a coordinating box to present them in they make a lovely gift - I did several for Christmas presents last year! I will try to get around to making an image of my measurements and show you how I put my box together to fit my cards in at another time on my blog.

Let me know what you think of One Sheet Wonders (OSW) and feel free to include links to your sites/blogs etc where you have your creations on display as I would love to see what you made!

Happy stamping!

9 comments:

Chook said...

Wow, they look great. I love the simplicity of those colours and love the little template too. I was just thinking today it would be good to have a template for A4 and hey presto, there it is.

Mae Collins said...

I enjoyed the simplicity of this design and colours too and my friend who dropped by today thought it would look great in a blue monochromatic sheme so I might try that and vary my template slightly to another A4 pattern.

Louise said...

Mae, thanks for sharing these templates, they are fabulous!

I've just posted my OSW using your 12 x 12 template on my blog, and will be posting my attempt at your A4 OSW soon.

Thank you!

Mae Collins said...

Hi Louise
Thanks for sharing would you created on your blog, your cards are great! I will be posting another A4 OSW template to my blog soon, but want to modify it first after using it at a workshop and getting some feedback from making it more user friendly so to speak. So check back again soon.
Mae

Vikki Jo said...

Oh Mae these are so pretty! I keep looking at them trying to think of a color I might have to recreate them with. Back to looking at your instead!
So glad you posted them!

jogry said...

Love your blog Mae, and thanks for the template, I will try to make some cards with it. I like those beautiful cards you make.
Jogry/baly

jogry said...

Love your cards and thanks for the template, I will use it.

Ann Wills said...

These cards are so pretty the colours are so cheerful.

SALLY MATTHEWS said...

What size are the cards you put this paper on?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails