Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gitter Windows and Bandanna Technique

I demonstrated 'Glitter Windows' and the 'Bandanna Technique' at a workshop I held this past week and the ladies enjoyed themselves and were proud of what they produced. The 'Glitter Windows' technique is very effective, yet very easy to do and can be found on the Splitcoast Stampers website under their resources section for step-by-step instructions. Here are samples of what was demonstrated at the workshop and what the ladies did for the 'make-and-take':


I liked the technique so much that I created by nephew's birthday card using it and a retired stamp set 'Very Puny'. The cows were chosen as they live on a dairy farm. Below you can see a close-up shot of the glitter window that I made as the feature window.



The 'Bandanna Technique' I picked up from Claire's website and one of the things I learnt from doing this techniques is the best white gel pen to use is the one I bought from Stampin' Up! which is a 'Uni-ball Signo broad' pen - pigment ink. I have two others, another Signo pen but that one does not indicate it is 'pigment' ink, although it runs better than my other white gel pen which is a 'Hybrid' one.

The technique is very easy. I stamped on Whisper White card stamps from the Polka Dot Punches (SAB promotion) using Staz On black ink. I then sponged or brayered over the Pumpkin Pie ink (I showed both ways at my workshop) and then highlighted areas of the design with my white gel pen (pigment ink one!). One of the ladies had a go using Wild Wasabi and she really noticed the impact that the white gel pen gave to the design.


Have a try at one of these techniques I am sure you will them easy and effective! Let me know when you do so I can see what you design or leave your comments via the link below this post.

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Claire Harrison said...

Glad u r having so much fun with this technique Mae - the Polka Dot punches set really lends itself to this style doesn't it!
Claire
PS Congrats on 10000 visitors!

Mae Collins said...

Hi Claire
Thanks for the inspiration, I enjoy checking out your blog and see what you are doing and agree the Polka Dot Punches set lends itself to this style.
Mae

Chook said...

Hi Mae, I made one of the glitter window cards last night. They are so lovely yet so simple to make. Having a slight problem with camera at the moment. When I am able to I will post a pic on my blog. Thanks for sharing. Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails