Saturday, January 3, 2009

Time to create in 2009

Believe it or not I have had a week off from my normal 'day' job and yet I have not found time to spend in my craft space creating cards or scrapbooking layouts --- reflects the busy time Christmas and New Year is --- or more realistically for me, a time that I have just done not much, watched DVDs, taken walks on the beach, had numerous coffees and chats with my friends and flitted from one thing to another (a bit of housework, a bit of tidying up my craft space, a bit of whatever the mood took). As my husband said it is what a holiday should be - time out to relax and unwind!

Well anyway, as I looked at my birthday calendar for this month I thought I had better make a start on the cards I needed to send to family and friends as there are six birthdays this month without our own 23rd Wedding Anniversary to celebrate!

Here is what I created:

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches (Sale-A-Bration reward), Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Groovy Guava
Ink: Groovy Guava, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Scallop Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Double-stitched Ribbon (Groovy Guava), snail adhesive

The next card was inspired by one created by Lynda who is a one of my team the 'Tassie Inkydinks' - I loved her design so much that I recreated it only changing the colour combination and adding my greeting. Thanks for the inspiration Lynda!

Stamps: Live Your Dream (Summer Mini Catalogue), All Scallops (Summer Mini Catalogue), Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers - Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Scallop Edge (Summer Mini Catalogue), Grosgrain Ribbon (Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery), Hodgepodge Hardware


And my last one for today (at least at the moment!). This one was also inspired by one of my 'Tassie Inkydinks' team members - Claire who had explained the 'Bandanna Technique' on her blog and which I have been meaning to have a go at but not got around to it. Well today I finally did and thought this would make a nice male birthday card (which I don't seem to create many of).

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches (Sale-A-Bration reward), Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Real Red
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Sponge, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Black brads

Looking for this technique again on Claire's blog I noticed she had been creating today as well and had made some lovely cards using the 'Colour Blocking' technique, which I too had used on scrapbooking layouts but not thought to translate this to cards. I will have to give this technique a try too! Thanks for more inspirations Claire!

I still have more to make for this month's celebrations but I must get back to some domestic duties - the grocery shopping and collecting my son, Dylan, from work. So thanks for stopping by my blog, feel free to leave comments and be sure to come back again to see what I create using the 'Colour Blocking' technique.

Anyone who wants to place a Stampin' Up! order, book a workshop, earn free Sale-A-Bration limited edition stamp sets, or join me in this wonderful business (and receive a 20% discount on your own personal craft supplies, plus many other benefits!) contact me today!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails