Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration #45

Well it has been a while since I participated in a Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration and so to get the creative juices flowing I thought I would use this challenge #45 as a springboard for crafting this afternoon.

Kristina's colour challenge was similar to one she gave a while back but then it included an additional colour of our choice. However, this time it is simply monochromatic in only black, gray and white!




I ended up creating two cards the first one is my personal favourite, but I did the second one as I had already in my head the idea of embossing a white flourish on black card. Here they are:


Stamps: Fresh Cuts (NEW, soon to be released in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalogue)
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Basic Black
Accessories: Flower from Pretties Kit, Spring Flower Bouquet Punch, Rhinestone brad, White Pigment Ink Gel Pen, Snail Adhesive, Corner Rounder Punch to make scallop edge (as I had lent my Scallop Edge Punch to a friend)



Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Whisper White
Accessories: Gray Organdy Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch (to make scallop edge), White Pigment Ink Gel Pen, Snail Adhesive, Rhinestone brads, scissors, Double Rectangle Punch and Pop Up Glue Dots



Thanks for dropping by and please leave a comment via the 'comments' link below this post and let me know which is your favourite!


Happy stamping!

6 comments:

Tracey Old said...

Well done,they are both great. My favourite is the 2nd card I love baroque motifs.

Just Scrap and Stamp said...

Hey May

Great cards...hope you are well.

Tania

Claire Harrison said...

Love the first one Mae, but they are both great (I like the ribbon effect in the second one). So unfair that you and Lynda both have your preorders and mine isn't here yet!!!! ;( I want to play too!

Claire

Winter said...

Great cards! My favorite is the first one!

Shuttermom said...

My favorite is the second card. I love the elegance and simplicity of white, black and gray. The first one is also lovely but I prefer the second. What stamp did you use for the flowers?

Mae Collins said...

The flowers were made with a stamp from the Baroque Motifs set and then I cut them out with scissors and mounted them using Stampin' Dimensionals to lift them off the card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails