Monday, March 9, 2009

A Night for Zindorf Tutorials

Hi everyone, thanks again for stopping by my blog to see what I have been up to lately or if you are a first time visitor enjoy looking around my blog and seeing what I create, in particular, in the use of Stampin' Up! products.

I am trying to get my blogging (or computer use) in a better balance again and so am trying to follow my initial goal of updating my blog on a weekly basis to share what I have created or been up to the previous week. As I am on a computer everyday at work, to spend more time on the computer at home is not good, althought it is the best way I can share with you all what is happening in Stampin' Up! and also share what I have been creating.

I haven't done much crafting last week as I was unwell and had time off my 'regular' job and I could not find the desire or motivation to create! However, that all changed last night and I felt inspired to try a few tutorials out of another Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Michelle Zindorf, who is very talented with the use of the brayer and shares her tutorials online on her blog.

The first one I created was following her 'Embrace Life Today - Tutorial #180' and here is my result:


One thing I learnt from doing this tutorial was that I should not rush the detail. I have a Versamark pen and enjoy using it but felt it my dry quicker than when I use my Versamark inkpad so I rushed the step where you go over the small flowers with the Versamark pen prior to embossing. What this did was caused me to go outside the lines of the small flowers so when I embossed them this was set outside the flowers and any ink that is sponged in that area will not stick so the flowers have white areas outside some of the small flowers - you may have to look closely to notice this but it is something I will be aware of next time I use my Versamark pen for fine detail, take my time!

The second tutorial I followed was Michelle's 'By the Golden Pond - Tutorial #175' and I feel my road looks almost another water area like the pond and I also smudged some black ink at the horizon section of my road, however, I was reasonably pleased with the result. What do you think?


My third and final tutorial that I did last night was her 'Thinking - Tutorial #164' and as I did not have Prismacolor markers I simply used my Stampin' Up! Markers and selected colours similar to what she used - Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Sage Shadow. I labelled my image 'Reflections' as I think this sums up not only the image created but the mood of the card.

Have you tried doing reverse image stamping? It is a fun technique to do and if you don't have a 'Reverse Image Stamp' (which is simply a blank stamp) and the stamp image is small you can use a brayer to get the same effect - I will have to try to take some photos of doing it this way and share them here on my blog.


Well I hope you enjoyed looking at my creations, althought they are no where near as good as Michelle's she has such a talent for the brayer and blending. I would so love to be in America to be able to attend one of her workshops! Anway thanks Michelle for sharing your tutorials and inspiring myself and others in our craft!

Please feel free to leave a comment here on my blog and definately check out Michelle's tutorials, if you haven't already.

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Chook said...

Wow Mae, I love the reverse image stamp. Looks amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails