Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hubby's birthday card!

Hi all

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you are a first time visitor! Today I was reinspired by a friend to create an owl using Stampin' Up! punches and as it was my dear hubby's birthday tomorrow I thought I would use this as the technique for his card.

So having my sister over from Victoria I decided to make her put it together while I punched, cut the pieces etc until we were satisfied with the result and here it is....


What do you think of it? Feel free to leave your comments by click on the comments link below.

As I always like getting value for money I like to make my purchases multi-functional, therefore, I was inspired by another card maker (sorry can not remember where I saw this) who used the Scallop Edge punch to make her own ric rac ribbon effect with cardstock - used on the bottom of my card.

As this was my first attempt at making an owl using these punches I did not take photos of my process or write down exactly what I did to place the directions here on my blog - maybe next time as I definately want to try this again! In the meantime you can check out Dawn Griffith's blog by clicking here to see her tutorial entitled 'Adorable Owl' which shows a similar process, although not exactly what I did as I discovered this link during the making of my card.

Also, during this process my sister saw how my tidy craft space soon becomes a 'war zone' and as it is now late, and I have had a couple of ports, I am going to retire for the evening and will have to clean it up tomorrow before I can start again!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

7kidsmakebusydays said...

Well done I love how he turned out. Think his eyes might have had some of that port. Hope "Hubby" has a nice Birthday

Danielle Horne said...

Love this card :-) awesome work and I'm hubby will love it too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails