Sunday, April 12, 2009

Kristina Werner Challenge #49

It is time I participated in another Kristina Werner challenge and she has almost put forward 50 of them to inspire those who love papercrafts. It was also another opportunity for me to share with my sister, who has been visiting me from Victoria, how and what I do with my stamps and other craft supplies.

Here is the card that I was inspired to create from the colours put forward by Kristina...


First I stamped with Basic Black the flourish stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Baroque Motifs set onto a card base of Pacific Point and then using my Stampin' Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig I retamped the flourish in Whisper White just slightly to the right and top of the previous image to create a shadow affect. I liked this but then changed my mind and cut the Pacific Point card up as I decided it would look nice mounted on black cardstock and I also decided I wanted to use a piece of ribbon on my card. As I like my ribbon edges to be tucked under pieces of cardstock and not showing around my actual card, mounting this would achieve the look I wanted - but I found that I did not have any ribbon in the colours provided other than white which I feel is a bit stark for my design but I wanted to stay true to the colours in the challenge - so you use what you have!

I then wanted to mount some flowers over the flourish using Stampin' Dimensionals and thought of using my white gel pen to put dots around some flowers similar to the bandanna technique, which I thought would look good but I would have needed to cut around my flowers or to punch them out. None of my punches suited the stamps I wanted to choose, so I changed my mind and decided to go with flowers of punches that I had - so the Boho Blossoms punch was chosen - and this led me to use the flowers in Stampin' Up!'s One of a Kind stamp set. I used the Kiwi Kiss and Rose Red inks to stamp out the largest flower on the stamp, onto Whisper White cardstock and then punched these out, mounting them over the flourish. I used Whisper White grosgrain ribbon and tied a simple knot placing it across my Pacific Point cardstock piece, tucking under the edges.

I stamped the 'for you' words using Kiwi Kiss for the words and Rose Red for the small flower onto Whisper White cardstock. I punched it out using Stampin' Up!'s large Oval Punch and using a sponge I inked the edges in Kiwi Kiss ink. This softens the sharpness of Whisper White cardstock when mounting on another colour. I then mounted the whole piece onto a Basic Black card base.

This is the process I went through to make my card, using the colours and image to inspire me as I worked, and adjusting my design as I played with what I had to use. I enjoyed showing my sister how my cards are created as this is typical of what I do when I am not 'casing' a card from another source.

I hope you enjoyed looking at what I created and how it came to being the final result. Feel free to leave comments and share how your cards come together. It is great to inspire and share with one another!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Steph Herbert said...

Lovely card Mae! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails