Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kristina Werner Challenge #50

It's been a week between postings and the only thing I have photographed to go on my blog has been my designs for Kristina Werner's challenges, although I have been creating other things - some of them being Sesame Street characters using punches (check Dawn Griffiths blog to see some of these!) with my niece Carol who came to visit this weekend. This weekend was special as it was to celebrate our daughter Emily's 16th Birthday! She turns 16 tomorrow and her grandparents joined us for a family roast dinner on Saturday evening.

Kristina has been providing inspiration to many crafters by challenging us to use specific colour combinations, which has been great when you lose your crafting mojo, want to step outside your comfort zone or just a springboard to create a card, scrapbooking layout or an off-the-page project. Thanks Kristina for this weekly inspiration. If you want to check out the other contributions click here.

Kristina gave us the colours: White, Red, Yellow, Turquoise, and Brown to use and with the added instructions of: ALL five colours, no omitting any and no adding colours, either. She is going to be super strict on this one because there are prizes involved and this is what I created:


I stamped the background in Tempting Turquoise using the French Flair stamp (retired), then I created three flowers in Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun with the 5-petal flower punch and added a small 5-petal flower in Whisper White using yellow rhinestone brads. I used my Scallop Edge punch to create a band in Ruby Red over which I adhered wide Chocolate Chip ribbon. The flowers were place over the birds on the background stamp and then I stamped 16 and Happy Birthday in Summer Sun.

I hope my daughter likes the card and it was great to accomplish two tasks with one project - a challenge and a birthday card!

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to leave a comment as I enjoy hearing what you have to say and getting feedback from my visitors!

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

pretty card, love those flowers with the jewelry brads!

ceecee said...

I really like your card, Mae. I love the background stamping!
CC

Louise said...

Lovely card Mae! Isn't it a shame French Flair (and Carte Postale) retired? Hope your daughter has a happy birthday!

travelingmama said...

I'm sure your daughter will love it! So cute!

Mae Collins said...

Yes Louise I wish they weren't retired as well. My daughter had a lovely birthday, receiving lots of wishes and still getting phone calls this evening.

Terri E. said...

Love the ribbon and scallop accent piece! Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails