Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all you mothers who drop by my blog had a lovely day on Mother's Day and found time to relax and enjoy the company of your family. I could not post my mother's day cards earlier as one of my regular followers of my blog is of course my mum! I hope you enjoyed your day mum and the time we had together for lunch.

Many of us think of bunches of flowers for mum and so what better way to combine that and our love of papercrafts - make a 'flower pot pocket card'. I subscribe to a couple of regular forums on Splitcoast Stampers and one of the recent ones was to make a 'flower pot pocket card' and this was linked to Stephanie Luman's blog as a resource and of course there is an array of variations to be viewed in a specific gallery for the 'flower pot pocket cards' or you can even view a gallery of 'mother's day cards and ideas' (maybe an inspiration for next year!).

Anyway here are my mother's day cards using the technique of a 'flower pot pocket card'. As you can see I made the same design for both my mum and my mother-in-law:




Stamps: Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Afternoon Tea (designer series paper)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava
Accessories: 5/8" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Stampin' Write Marker black, Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots and Stampin' Dimensionals

And here are a couple of photos of the special people on my mother's day:

Me and my children - Emily (16) and Dylan (18), aren't they two beautiful teenagers?

My daughter Emily Mae, me, Margaret (mother-in-law) and Emily (my mum), and yes my daughter is named after my mum and me!

I hope you all had a blessed and happy mother's day and enjoyed yours as much as I did mine. Thanks again for dropping by to see what I have been up to - although not a lot of crafting this past week! Please feel free to leave any comments you might like to share on my blog.

Happy stamping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails