Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kristina Werner Colour Inspiration #53

This is a very busy week for me at work yet I still found time to create a card based on Kristina Werner's Colour Inspiration #53 - although it has taken me until now to upload it to a post on my blog. I have just got home from work at 8:30 pm (having started at 8:30 am) and worked on Saturday (9 am - 1 pm) and late last night and we will be working late the next two nights and again on Saturday! I also worked on my regular day off last Friday but this Friday I said I could not work extra hours -- I have a blood pressure check up with my doctor (what a week to have it!) and the oasis in my week is Friday afternoon! Friday afternoon I am getting together with a couple of my lovely Stampin' Up! customers to show them various ways they can use their brayer (roller). Elizabeth and Vicki I am so looking forward to this and having some 'downtime' crafting with you both!




When I looked at the picture Kristina used to select the colours for the challenge, I immediately thought of my son Dylan when he was a little boy and loved playing with transformers and legos etc. So I went with the obvious and made a robot birthday card, using punches, which I think any of my young nephews would love to receive! Here it is...



Stamps: Occasional Greetings (Retired)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red, Pacific Point, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: various punches, split pins/brads, daubers


The punches I used included: square punches (Creative Memories ones as I already had these before I started in Stampin' Up! and have been building my collection up of other shapes from Stampin' Up!'s range), Photo Corner punch for the legs and arms, circle punches, double rectangle punch, horizontal slot punch, and part of the round tab punch for his hat.


I have to go now and do the dishes which are mounting up in the kitchen before I hit the sack, so thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment letting me know of what you think of my card, how you use punches on your designs or how your week is going. Have a lovely week!


Happy stamping!

8 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Brillaint idea Mae, like it.

Randee E said...

Nice take on the photo - you gotta love that!

Stampin'GHmom said...

What an ingenious idea! Too fabulous

7kidsmakebusydays said...

He is cute
Raewyn

Christine Blain said...

Very cute, Mae - any little boy would love to get this card. Great job with the challenge!

Caroline Colgan said...

Great job Mae!

Amy said...

So clever to use all those punches! Great card!

Louise said...

Your Robot is just gorgeous! Well done Mae!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails