Friday, July 17, 2009

20 minute card!

I can't believe I made this card so quickly - in 20 minutes! It usually takes me a while to decide what I want to do and then to put a card together but today I was on a short timeframe to get this card made in between the other things I had to do before I had to go out. My aunt has turned 70 and we are going to her birthday celebrations this weekend and I hadn't yet made her card - so it had to be a quick one, but I also wanted it to be special.

When checking my emails I noticed that Kristina Werner had posted another one of her Colour Inspirations and so I thought I would try and use these colours to get my aunt's card made and then I could also participate in the challenge! This is the card I made and I really liked it (so did my daughter Emily).



It was also inspired partly from one of my customers at my workshop last night where I showed them 'rock and roll' stamping. Kate was experimenting with this technique and trying it out on several different types of stamps and one that she did was using the flourish from the Baroque Motifs set using Tangerine Tango as the base colour and 'rocking and rolling' the flourish again in Kiwi Kiss - it looked great!

So I decided I would use that technique on my card too! I stamped the flourish in So Saffron and then 'rock and rolled' it in Certainly Celery and then stamped it all over my card, back and front. I then used Purely Pomegranate (discontinued In Color) wide satin ribbon across my card as my 'deep red' for the challenge. I again used the 'rock and roll' technique for the motifs, first stamping in Pumpkin Pie and then 'rock and rolling' in Purely Pomegranate. I punched the motifs out using the Scallop Circle Punch and then using my sponge daubers I inked the edges in Ballet Blue. I used a blue rhinestone brad in the centre of each and mounted them on my card using Stampin Dimensionals to raise them off the card slightly. I stamped 'happy birthday' using a stamp from the retired set Occasional Greetings in Ballet Blue and then found some white raised sticker numbers in my stash (using something I have had for a while but not got around to using or forgotten was in my craft stash!), which I inked using my daubers in Ballet Blue.

'Rock and Roll' technique is where you stamp your image on one colour and using a contrasting colour you hold your stamp on an angle and 'rock' and 'roll' it around the other colour just to pick up some of the contrasting colour on the edge of your stamp (I usually also get some ink on my stamp blog as well!).

Thanks for dropping by and looking at what I created, and I still can't believe how quickly I made it and that I am so happy with how it turned out!

2 comments:

Terri E. said...

Fun rock in roll flowers. Great job with this fun color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jenny in MAine said...

LOve the color combo, and have to tell you that I don't think I would have thought of using these colors together. Card is adorable!!

Hugs,
Jenny in MAine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails