Monday, July 13, 2009

Box in a Bag (take 2)

I had a bit more of a search on the web for a 'box in a bag' using a full sheet of 12x12 designer series paper but did not find much different in sizing from those I originally made. I did however find a few that were taller.

So I decided to experiment a bit myself with the base size. The tutorials that I followed in my previous post used a cardstock size of 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", scoring each side in at 1". So I decided to just increase that to a 5" x 5" piece of cardstock again scoring in at 1" all sides. However, this size created a base that was slightly too large for a sheet of 12x12 to neatly wrap around with a small piece overlapping, there would have been a gap left. I next tried a 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" square piece of cardstock, again scoring in at 1" for the sides. This allowed me to successfully wrap the 12x12 sheet right around the base with a piece overlapping. It only made the base slightly bigger but gave me a much taller bag as I used the full sheet of 12x12 DSP!



This size might be a nice way to present some chocolates like long Toblerone bars or maybe a bottle of dessert wine (or both!), being careful to carry one with a bottle though!

From my experimentation I think I will stick with the original size base and only adjust the height if I have a particular gift in mind that requires more height! It was fun to experiment though. Again I used the Bella Rose DSP and matching Chocolate Chip cardstock and ribbon. I emblished this one with items from the Pretties Kit.

My photo is not the best, and having done a recent Photoshop course, I should be able to get rid of some of the shadow etc but I have not yet practiced what I learnt. I should be able to even paint our unpainted wall, and in a colour that I like, since we were shown how to change the colour of a tulip in one exercise! Oh, well another time maybe!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails