Friday, July 24, 2009

Mojo Monday - Oh Well Friday!

I have often thought of participating in the Mojo Monday sketch challenges (and have occasionally used them as springboards for my card designs) and today I finally did - although it is Friday! I have been slow in doing this as after our weekend up the North West of Tasmania to celebrate my aunt's 70th birthday (which was very nice), on Monday evening I was not feeling so well again. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he said I had Whooping Cough and should take a week of work - what a laugh as I was already into my second week of my holidays and had been not well for most of it! At least with a doctor's certificate for this week I can claim back a week of annual leave to take at another time!

Anway, as I was feeling better today (after several days on antibiotics) and needed to prepare for a stamp workshop for this evening - hello Sallie, looking forward to some stamping fun! - I decided to make a card and participate in the Mojo Monday challenge. I thought that as I often find it hard to make male focussed cards (little boys, much easier!) I would use the design to create a card for a male's birthday and this is what I made from the sketch below...



Stamps: Seaworth, Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper
Inks:
Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Twill Tape, Creative Memories Circle Cutters


Thanks for stopping by my blog and seeing what I have been up to lately. Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Jenny in MAine said...

Hi Mae, Very pretty card!! Reminds me how I need to invest in more masculine supplies.

I'm following you and I'll be back to be inspired.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Jenny in MAine

Mae Collins said...

Hi Jenny
Thanks for the lovely comment. I have to make myself stop and create masculine cards as I find it easier to make feminine ones with ribbon, pretty colours etc. Except of course when I am making them for my friends and relatives and I have a particular male person in mind, sometimes that is then easier - maybe that should be my focus each time! Happy stamping!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails