Sunday, August 23, 2009

My weekly post and bag-a-lopes!

I thought I should update my blog as I said I would try to make weekly posts if I did not get the chance to make more regular postings. This past week I have not been in the mood for creating anything and so not much has happened in this space. However, as I have a Stampin' Up! workshop this week with some lovely ladies who I get together with every few months and who share hosting the workshops between themselves and thus they all benefit from the lovely hostess rewards on offer, I thought I had better start preparing for this. Mel has requested that they be taught how to make 'bag-a-lopes' as I had demonstrated this once before with them but that was not the 'make-and-take' for that particular workshop, so it will be this week! A 'bag-a-lope' is where you use an envelope to create a bag which makes a lovely gift (with something in it of course!). They will also get the opportunity to make a matching gift tag to go with it. Below are the samples that I created this weekend, along with my friend Jodyann who loves to craft with me.

The centre one we decided to make side on rather than length ways to make it more squat rather than tall. Then this triggered the idea to make one into a handbag style. I also wanted to make a male orientated gift bag so I chose Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel with the Seeing Spots stamp set and the new Oval All stamp set and Scallop Oval Punch to make the tag. We were pleased with the results and I hope those attending the workshop this week will be inspired to create their own designs.

While we were creating my daughter's dog Chloe did a cheeky thing she nabbed Emily's apple off the plate on the table and decided she wanted it and was not giving it back!


Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails