Saturday, September 12, 2009

Not just a catalogue but also a great ideas book!

One of the things I really like about the Stampin' Up!® catalogue is that it is not just that, not just a catalogue, but an Idea Book & Catalogue and therefore it can give you ideas to recreate a card exactly as it is displayed or use it as a springboard for another slightly different design. I decided to use it in this way today to create two cards that I need for upcoming birthdays.

The first card was using the cute greetings set Three Little Words as displayed on page 114 of the Idea Book & Catalogue 2009-2010 and casing one of the cards displayed there. I used Sage Shadow as my foundation colour and Chocolate Chip as the contrast colour. As I didn't have any grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip I used what I had which was Taupe. I also used Stampin' Dimensionals to lift off the card the flourished 'T' and the flower head to add extra dimension to my card.


The second card that I made was using the stamp set Voilà as pictured on page 40. I used as my base colour the new In Color Riding Hood Red and as I didn't have any matching wide grosgrain ribbon or a chipboard square that appears to have been used I substituted this for a cardstock square background [I need to print a copy off the demonstrator website a page indicating the items used in the pictured samples]. I stamped the background stamp Sanded onto Close to Cocoa cardstock and mounted this onto Naturals Ivory cardstock. Again using Stampin' Dimensionals I raised my chef off the card to give added dimension and I even stamped his trousers onto a piece of designer series paper that blended with the base card colour. I used my Blender Pens to add some colour to my stamped image and found that Sahara Sand was a nice light colour to add some highlights to his white uniform. I was very pleased with the result, what do you think?

So when you get stuck for inspiration don't just turn to what others like myself have to share on the web but also open your Idea Book & Catalogue and take inspiration from what is illustrated there. If you do not have your own copy, and you live in Australia, please email me and for just $13.60 you can have your own copy sent directly to your address. If you want a copy for FREE think of holding a stamp workshop to see other ideas and techniques (if you live within Tasmania) or place a workshop order (minimum $300 entitles you to not only a FREE catalogue but also receive a FREE hostess set and $30 product of your choice, as sales go up so do the hostess rewards). Contact me today to find out more details, my email address is mailto:maecollins3@iprimus.com.au

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully finding some inspiration in what I have to share.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Great cards Mae. You've made both cards look fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails