Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Card Storage Tote

My other craft 'fix' for this week was to have a go at making a Card Storage Tote with the instructions I bought from Lynda Moss on her blog, thanks Lynda! My friend Sarah came over (hi Sarah!) to use some of my stamps for her Christmas cards and while she was busy stamping I started making the tote. I found Lynda's instructions and pictures clear, although I am not sure I made the concertina section very accurately. I also found I was a bit challenged making the front pocket from just the template and description, I was spoilt by her earlier step by step instructions and additonal photos of the steps taken. With my front pocket I also found it difficult to get a good closure using a magnet and then trying velcro which was a bit too strong. I might try and recreate this and use a couple of buttons to create a different type of enclosure on the front pocket. I enjoyed making the bead toggles and will try these again sometime!

Anyway here is my first attempt and if you want to see some other variations check out Lynda's mother's blog at Crafty Squirrel (UK).



1 comment:

Leigh said...

Wow, what a project. Fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails