Thursday, October 8, 2009

Finally a time to craft!

I finally found a little bit of time this afternoon to sit at my craft desk and create something! It is always easier when you have something you want to make and I have been wanting to make a card for a beautiful baby girl, who by the time I see her and her mum will be a couple of months old! Oh well, I have been really busy lately since taking on the caring role for my mother-in-law and going to and from medical appointments, in time this will settle down a bit more, I hope.

Anyway here is what I made and wanted to share with you...


Stamps: Forest Friends (Stampin' Up! ® Spring Mini Catalogue p.12), Warm Words (2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalogue p.114)
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (New In Color), Close to Cocoa, Bella Rose Designer Series Paper (p.134)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (owl), More Mustard (rabbit and greeting), Pink Pirouette (inked edges of the squares with a dauber)
Accessories: Daubers, Designer Label Punch, Paper Piercer and the paper-piercing template from Stampin' Up!® 's mat pack (p.155), Tauper 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (not in current catalogue) and Snail Adhesive

If you look closely at my greeting (see image below), you may wonder how I managed to get an edge around the label using the Designer Series Punch, since we only have one size. What I did is punched the tag a second time out of More Mustard cardstock and then cut it in half and adhered the top half slightly off the top edge of my Whisper White tag and the bottom half slightly off the bottom edge of my white tag (I can't cut as neat an edge around this punch by hand so this is my workaround). You will notice the edge is only on the top and bottom and not the left and right hand sides of the tag doing it this way, but putting a piece of ribbon underneath helps and mounting it using Stampin' Dimensionals gives added depth.



4 comments:

Chook said...

Wow, that is simple "adorable" Mae.

Robyn said...

Great punch idea! Thanks for sharing it- why didn't I think of that ?????

Louise Sutton said...

So pretty Mae!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog by the way - I've now done a tutorial for that box, you might find it useful for your OSW? x Louise

Vikki Jo said...

Like the sentiment says "ADORABLE" I just love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails