Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Gift - Desktop Calendar

Today was my first day for a couple of months that I have been "home alone" and could craft all day without feeling guilty or having someone need my attention (especially as my house was tidy and in order and I had been putting the washing out in the lovely sunshine during the morning craft time!). Therefore, I managed to complete a Christmas gift that I wanted to make for a friend (I don't think she is a regular visitor to my blog but if she is she will get a sneak peak before she receives it later this week, lol!)

What I made was a desktop calendar and I have only taken a photo of the front cover and a few of the months. I should have taken a photo of the side view so that you can see how it stands - I used an A4 sheet of cardstock scored and folded in half and then I scored 4 cm away from and on both sides of the half fold line. This allows it to fold flat for wrapping or posting.

On my cover I also tried the new technique of making my own buttons that I saw on Claire's blog recently and was inspired to have a go - she described it as her new obsession - I can see how useful this can be when you want a coordinated embelishment for a card or scrapbook layout!





Stamps: Embrace Life, Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
Paper: Ginger Blossom DSP, River Rock, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, Cameo Coral
Ink: River Rock, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, Cameo Coral
Accessories: River Rock Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, 1" Circle Punch, Crystal Effects, Chipboard Numbers (not sure of the brand), Book Rings, Bone Scorer, Adhesives


I hope she likes it and thanks to one of my other friends Jodyann for giving me the idea!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails