Friday, December 4, 2009

Quick Gift Card Holders

Last night I began my Christmas preparations (a bit slow I know!) and writing in my Christmas cards ready for the snail mail. In doing so I realised I needed to make a couple of quick Gift Card Holders so these are what I created:


The basic design is cutting a 12 cm x 17.5 cm piece of cardstock (4 3/4" x 7" for those who prefer imperial measurements) - I used Brushed Gold and Brushed Silver cardstock from Stampin' Up!'s Brushed Metallic pack. I then scored on the long edge at 3.5 cm (1 1/2") and again at 10.5 cm (4 1/4"). I folded the cardstock on the 3.5 cm (1 1/2") score line and adhered this with Sticky Strip to create a pocket for the gift card. I then folded the holder in half on the 10.5 cm (4 1/4") score line. Using a piece of coordinating Designer Series Paper, cut to 11 cm x 6 cm (4 1/2 x 2 1/2"), I adhered this to the front of the holder. Using Stampin' Up!'s Slit Punch I punched a slot out of the front of the holder. Then I attached two pieces of ribbon to the front of the holder just behind the slot and I used some Sticky Strip and a gold/silver split pin to help attach the ribbon to the cardstock. I had one piece longer than the other so it would wrap around the back of the gift card holder to then be tied at the front. I stamped Season's Greetings from the Snow Swirled stamp set to the front of the pouch area which can be seen when the holder is opened. The one I made using the imperial measurements had a smaller gold border around the DSP as I used the easiest/quickest measurements I could see on my cutter for speed of the design, you could cut the DSP slightly smaller to create a wider gold border if you prefer.

These were so quick and easy to make and made the presentation of my gift cards so much nicer, what do you think? I hope my instructions are clear and you can follow them to make your own personalised gift card holder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love my gift card got it in the mail yesterday.

Mae Collins said...

You are most welcome and I am guessing this Anonymous person is my sister Ann-Mary?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails