Thursday, January 28, 2010

Card Organiser Book

I have often seen these yearly card organiser books on various blogs and wanted to make one myself so here is the one I made - it was easy to make and with DSP paper it is a great way to see the effects of both sides of the paper. It was also another chance for me to try out my new toy - a Zutter Bind-it-All V2.0!

Front View

Open View

2 coordinating cards to start the organisation!

Designer Series Paper that I used was Bali Breeze (I think that was the one!).

Instructions:

  • Six pieces of 12 x 12 DSP for the internal pages, score at 4" along one side and fold up (thus making a pocket) then score down the middle and fold back (thus giving your page a pocket each side).
  • If you want the page itself to also be another pocket, as I have done, then adhere the bottom of the page when folded down the middle. I also used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch to punch out a half circle in the middle top of each of the right-hand side pages. This is hard to see in my photos as the card with the star is covering the punched half circle - and my explanation here may not be entirely clear, sorry!
  • Decorate the bottom of each pocket with a monthly numbered calender and stamp a coordinating image onto it.
  • Make a cover of your choice, I used the backing board from my DSP pack and decorated it.
  • Bind the edge of the pages together.
As I decided that this was to be an item for sale in our market stall, I also including two coordinating cards to demonstrate how it was to be used and to get the yearly organisation started!

I loved the bright cover, what do you think? As I also created and saved my monthly numbered calendars to make another of these will not take much time or effort - DSP decorates it enough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails