Saturday, January 30, 2010

ESAD Colour Challenge

Leonie from ESAD (a Yahoo Group for Stampin' Up! demonstrators that I am a member of) set a colour challege for members and in case you wanted to join in by making a card, 3D item or scrapbook page here are the colours...


These colours just reminded my of a garden and so here is my card for the challenge using the stamp set Garden Whimsy:

Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Adhesive, paper piercer, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals, Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker

With my tulips I varied their colours by either stamping the flower in Riding Hood Red or Pumpkin Pie and a few I stamped in Pumpkin Pie and then used the 'rock and roll' technique to add some Riding Hood Red colour on the edges of the flower, I used my Old Olive Stampin' Marker to colour the stems. I also masked the front row of flowers to stamp the ones behind.

I love tulips (having a Dutch background) and this year I had some from my mother to plant in pots on our balcony but unfortunately just after they bloomed we had such a storm that they all got blown to bits! Oh well, I shall just have to try again next year to grow some.

2 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Hi Mae, this is such a lovely, lovely card, you have captured this challenge well and really brought that stamp set to a life of it's own. Well done!!!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is probably the most amazing card that I have seen with Garden Whimsy! It's just gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails