Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I've done it again!

Yes, I have done it again! I have gotten side-tracked from my current task at hand by checking emails and blog surfing while crafting! I think it might have been a bad idea to put my laptop on top of my craft desk where I create - although I wanted it there for the inspiration, not to continually allow myself to be side-tracked.

Oh well, here is what I got side-tracked with - making a heart topped box from a template supplied by Lynn Pratt on her blog where she is also giving the chance to win two free kits by participating in her template challenge!

Here is my design from the template supplied...

Heart Topped Box - Front View

Heart Topped Box - Side View

Stamps: Best Yet
Paper: Summer Picnic DSP, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories:
Real Red 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, sticky strip

I couldn't believe how well I free-hand drew my smaller heart around my greeting, I am usually not that steady handed or proportionate!

I think this would make a lovely gift on Valentine's Day with some sweet treats, perhaps cherry ripe bars in there! What do you think?

What I was supposed to be making was Animal Bookmarks (see my earlier post of some of these!) in readiness for two markets that my friend Jodyann and I will be holding a stall at! I completely sold out of all the ones I made for the last market.

Oh well, too late tonight to do some more. I am off to bed and will have to get back to making the bookmarks in the next couple of days!

5 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh! but such a worthwhile little digression. This box looks so yummy! Yes, Cherry Ripes would definitely be the go!

Madeline Morcelo said...

Is so CUTE!! Love it!

Susan Joyce said...

Very pretty interpretation of the template.

Danielle Daws said...

This is adorable! It's such a great template!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's so easy to get sidetracked, but look what you wound up with! It's darling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails