Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge No. 2

I participated in the new blog 'Just Add Ink's' first colour challenge and so I thought I should have a go at the second one they have posted.

The challenge was to 'Just Add Hearts' and even though it says hearts in plural my entry has only one heart and here it is...

Stamps: Big on Spring (retired)
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory, Holiday Treasures DSP
Accessories: Ribbon, adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch

My idea was to make a Valentine's Day card that was not too feminine and one that a male might like to receive or to give, or one that was not to flowery for those who prefer something more simple or classic. Do you think I achieved the effect I was after?

I am happy with the result and that is all that matters really and it will be one that we can use at our next market stall to promote Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Mae, this is so sweet! I think you've definitely achieved the difficult task of making a beautiful card that can be given to (and by) either gender. I love the faux stitching on the heart, what a cute idea! Thanks for playing!

inkeverywhere said...

Cute....I like the YOU inside the O. Chantell

delysc said...

cute card Mae. Thanks for playing along for this challenge at Just Add Ink!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Yep! You nailed it with this, not so feminine card! They're not easy to do and you've achieved what you set out to do. Great card, Mae. Thanks for joining in again this week!

Purple said...

This is lovely! So simple and elegant.

Amanda said...

Sooo sweet! Love it to bits. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Sarah Klass said...

One {heart} is all you need Mae! this is so sweet :)

S x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails