Monday, January 11, 2010

Our 24th Wedding Anniversary

Today is our 24th Wedding Anniversary. My dear husband and I said only this morning that it doesn't seem like it has been 24 years today since we said our vows to one another! So much has happened over those years and we have grown stronger and closer together. We have two beautiful children a 19yo son Dylan (who recently proposed to his girlfriend Sarah, on the beach on bended knee on Christmas Eve - wasn't he romantic?) and a 16yo daughter Emily (who today passed her L2 test, which is the next step in her getting her licence to drive independently) - they grow up so quickly before your eyes!

I wanted to make him an anniversary card and wanted it to be romantic yet have a masculine feel to it, so of course I did a bit of browsing on the internet to get some inspiration. I found this on a site I regularly visit - Splitcoast Stampers - and where I found a card layout by cynthiajs that I liked and which I thought I could adapt to my needs and here it is...

Stamps: Warm Words
Paper: Bella Bleu DSP, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory and Very Vanilla (for the very small flower)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories:
Chocolate Chip Wide Satin Ribbon, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Spring Bouquet Flower Punch, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad, snail adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals, sponge dauber (to ink edges in Chocolate Chip)

I know he will appreciate it as he supports my hobby (although he does feel at times it can take over from other things!) and he loves me anyway!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy what you see here on my blog. Feel free to leave a comment as I love to get feedback from those who visit here, whether as a regular follower or someone who has been led here by whatever link, search engine or just by chance!

Have a great day and keep on smiling!

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What an elegant card and a HUGE congratulations to the two of you. We just celebrated our 25th! It's great to acknowledge what does not seem to be the 'norm' these days!! Well done!

Robyn said...

Hi Mae! Congratulations on your anniversary! We just celebrated 32 yrs and it DEFINITELY doesn't feel like it was THAT long ago!!My daughter got engaged in November-they are getting married in April 2011.Has your son set a date yet? Your card is lovely- I like those flower punches layered like that and they are so pretty using white.

Mae Collins said...

No date set yet for the wedding, they are in no rush so it will be a year at least!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails