Monday, January 25, 2010

Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop!

Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration (SAB) period launches today (25 January) and goes until 31 March 2010! You can earn a FREE limited stamp set by spending $100 on Stampin' Up! products or hosting a workshop with sales of at least $600 (along with other hostess benefits).

I am also taking part in my very first "blog hop" as a contributor (have just been a "hopper" before) and something which I am sure you'll get a buzz out of too! I suggest you get yourself a cuppa and settle in for the tour where you hop from one blog to the next and find ideas/inspiration from myself and all the other demonstrators who are taking part. Also this post will be a longer one from me and which also includes my projects using the SAB stamp set - Vintage Labels.

I am a member of a Yahoo Group called Extra Special Australian Demonstrators (ESAD) and some of us are taking part in this "blog hop" to showcase the stamp sets available during SAB. ESAD is a fantastic support network for demonstrators and as well as helping each other out, we have challenges, cyberstamps, tutorials and it's a great way to develop online friendships too! If you are an Australian or New Zealand SU demonstrator and would like to join click on the image below.

You may have arrived here from Madonna Dunn's blog but if not that is ok too, you can continue on the "blog hop" until you get back here to my blog if you like. If you visit all the blogs in this blog hop (I think 42 in total) and leave a comment on ALL you will go in the running to win some gorgeous "blog candy"! Many demonstrators from all over Australia are donating all sorts of goodies, so make sure you leave your comments and "be in it to win it"!

Ok, so on to the items that I have created using a stamp set from SAB - Vintage Labels. It has 6 stamps in the set - 3 label images that are ideally sized to work with the 1" Circle, Curly Label, Scallop Circle and Wide Oval punches (IB&C pp 152-153) and 3 greetings "Happy Birthday", "For You" and "Best Wishes".


The first item I made was a boxed set of Gift Cards using a simple design and colour combination. What do you think?



Stamps: Vintage Labels (Sale-A-Bration 2010)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories:
1" Circle, Curly Label, Scallop Circle, Wide Oval and Eyelet Border punches, Snail Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Bone Folder, Sponge

This stamp set lends itself so nicely to gift cards and so I made another set with Stampin' Up!'s Love Note cards and again I made a coordinating gift box. I also added a piece of DSP to the envelope flap so they coordinate! These sized items are also a great way of using your off-cuts!




Stamps: Vintage Labels (Sale-A-Bration 2010)
Paper: Bella Bleu DSP, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy cardstock and textured cardstock (for the box)
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories:
Curly Label, Scallop Circle, Wide Oval, Scallop and Eyelet Border punches, Snail Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Bone Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

I told you this post was going to be a long one! Did you want time to make another cuppa? I can wait for you....

Now that you are back...I also wanted to make a couple of regular sized cards utilising this stamp set and so these are what I created.

With the one above I punched out the 'For You' with a circle punch and raised it off the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and I also coated it with Crystal Effects. The ink did blur a bit but I was still happy with how it turned out.

My card below had some flowers from the Accents & Elements set added to give some dimension and more colour. Obviously I was into a 'Chocolate Chip' mode as this appears in most of my creations within this post!


Well I hope you didn't get bored with the long post and that you've enjoyed looking at these items made using a stamp set from the SAB promotion, which you can earn for FREE - just place a $100 order through me or let me share with you and your friends in a workshop ($600 minimum to receive a FREE SAB stamp set as well as the regular hostess benefits!) - email me today! Or you can check out the SAB brochure online here to see the other 3 sets on offer.

Ok, now off you go to visit Michelle Frost-Stevenson (click on her name) to continue your "blog hop" tour, have fun, get lots of inspiration and don't forget to leave a comment on all the blogs involved for your chance to win the blog candy! Once you have visited and commented on every blog in the SAB Blog Hop, just email Leonie Schroder (leonie@stamp-a-latte.com) and the winner will be announced in the coming week – stay posted!!

59 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mae, this are all gorgeous. Kris

Anonymous said...

Mae, this are all gorgeous. Kris

Anonymous said...

These are lovely cards. I really like the use of scraps to turn them into a whole card boxed set.
Rebecca W.

Lynn said...

These are beautiful sets Mae

delysc said...

Very nice cards Mae!

Leonie said...

what great cards Mae ... I love those vintage labels! Thanks for participating in the Blog Hop

Tina G said...

Great cards - you were obviously very inspired by this stamp set.

Louise Sutton said...

Very elegant Mae, just lovely!

Charmaine Black said...

WOW! Mae,these are really beautiful and very inspiring.Thanks for joining the hop, lots of inky hugs from Charmaine ;-)

Tanya Kitto said...

Mae, I LOVE your cards & your have been very clever to creation gorgeous boxes to house them :) Thanks so much for sharing
Tanya

Andrea said...

what a lovely set of cards. great ideas.

Debbie Williams said...

Love what you have done! Thanks for sharing.

Samantha I said...

They are all so good!!!!!

Tania Salvati said...

Just love the Bella Bleu set.

Caroline said...

These are gorgeous Mae!! Will definitely have a go.

TFS
Caroline

Billie said...

these are fantastic!! thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

How many time we are told to K.I.S.S and you have just proven why!!!

Sarah Stevens said...

You have been a very busy girl Mae!! I love them... think I will be getting this little set during SAB!!! They are gorgeous, thanks for sharing

Conway Creations said...

Love them...They are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Lerve, lerve your cards. The vintage labels set is on my list of must haves....maybe the Bella Blue DSP paper is too now! Thanks Donna Zammit

Keegan Rigby said...

Love all your projects Mae!

Susan Joyce said...

Both sets are terrific and suitable for male or female recipients.

Alana Galagher said...

Gorgeous cards Mae - I love the chocolate ones :-)

Sonia G said...

Great work Mae! So simple, yet elegant. TFS

Aliessa said...

Love the layouts and colour combos!

Lynda said...

Bored...heck no...creative overload....heck yeah!!! Mae I have been so inspired fm ths stop. Just brilliant TFS!!

Cathy Clark said...

Just gorgeous Mae!!! That's the next set on my wish list!

Karen Dillon said...

Your cards are lovely Mae. Thank you for sharing. I hope you don't mind if I case them.

Nanette said...

Love the Bella Bleu cards. Your work is always beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Del Sherry said...

They are gorgeous - love that stamp set.

Rachel Jackson said...

Beautiful. Rach:)

Jodene said...

I love your projects Mae! Great use of the vintage labels set!!

KIa Mellor said...

Wow..your little box set is adorable...your creations are so crisp and pretty. Very inspirational!

Teri said...

Love both color combos - especially like the blue. So pretty!

Danielle Daws said...

Gorgeous, Mae! I'll definitely have to get this set.

Leonie said...

Absolutely fabbo!

kreationzbyzabrina said...

Great cards

Wendy Hawkinson said...

These are great CAS cards. I love the FOR YOU card w/ the crystal effects. :)

TFS!
~Wendy
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

Sue Austin said...

I love your card sets! Go the chocolate/kraft/vanilla combo, not enough cards made with these colours! Love them - simple and stylish! Thanks for sharing and "Happy Australia Day"

yoginaki said...

love these congrats on blog hop

Richelle said...

Love ur work! Thanks for sharing :)

Larissa said...

I love how these are unisex and are so simply stylish - great work!

Nancie said...

What a great idea for a little gift

Xanapan said...

Beautiful sets - just gorgeous!!
Especially like you work with the Bella Bleu!! Lovely!

Alisha73 said...

I havent thought about using the first colours together before..they look great. Your cards are lovely Mae keep up the great work

sam said...

so elegant - love the colour combo

LISA said...

Hi Mae

Thanks for the inspiration you have gone to a lot of trouble to really show the versatility of the labels set. Especially like the Bella Bleu cards.

Thanks
Lisa H

Anonymous said...

Mae, thanks for the tips, great cards.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mae,
What beautiful ideas you have. You've used this stamp set to provide us all with some wonderful ideas. Thank you, Sylvia

Jodie Jenkinson said...

Lovely cards!!!

Dianne and Jason said...

I love the boxed sets. Great gift idea :-)

Joanne said...

The colour combination on the first set are just incredible - I never thought - thanks for sharing!

Jac said...

I love these - the classical look and feel is amazing. The fact they could be used for male and female really adds to the appeal.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Annette said...

Love the colour choice - Just Beautiful :-)

*Spring Blossom* said...

I love the blue and white gift card set - Amazing!

Annette said...

Fantastic work!

Ronnie said...

I love the stamp with the scallop punch! beautiful cards!

Leonie Newman said...

Just beautiful Mae... thanks for sharing .. Leonie Newman

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow, I haven't 'officially' got to your blog in the blog hop yet, but I got distracted looking at another post of yours. These are just gorgeous, Mae. You have been a very busy lady!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails