Friday, January 29, 2010

Some cards to share...

I thought I would make another quick post to show you some cards that I have made recently, my favourite is the one with the tortoise or is it a turtle? I don't know if I know what the difference is between the two - maybe I should Google it!

This card was inspired by one I saw on Kay Kouflakis' blog - click here to see her card.


I used the Kaleidoscope DSP from the Summer Mini (I just love this paper and was inspired to buy it because of all the inspiration I found from the ESAD Summer Mini Blog Hop!) for my background and adhered this to Basic Grey. I stamped the turtle from the Nature's Nest set using Chocolate Chip ink on to Basic Grey, and then again on to another piece of the green patterned paper from the Kaleidoscope DSP which I cut out and stuck over the turtle on the Basic Grey cardstock. I made my own speech bubble and after putting in the greeting thought that this would be a great 'belated birthday' card to make - turtles being known to move slowly!

Here is another card using the Kaleidoscope DSP, and which I also used a white gel pen to make a stitch effect on the larger branches. I added some personalised buttons that I made - if you want to know how to make these for yourself (it's a great way to use up your scraps of cardstock!) check out the Splitcoast Stampers thread by clicking here. With this technique you can always have matching buttons for your creations and in different shapes too!

What, not another card using the Kaleidoscope DSP - well yes, I did say that I liked this paper! So much so that I also made another Card Organiser Book from six sheets of it, so now I only have one sheet and some bits and pieces left - think it is time to order some more in before everyone gets hooked on it and the supplies go! This was just a simple design to use up a piece that had been cut off and made a nice card front.

Who else just loves this paper? Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have found some other exciting ways to bring out the beauty of this paper as I always enjoy being inspired by others.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails