Friday, January 29, 2010

Sympathy cards

Not all my creating recently has been for fun and joyful experiences. Today I also made two sympathy cards for two of my first cousins who recently lost their mother - we will be attending her funeral on Monday in Circular Head, which is on the North West part of Tasmanis (for mainland and overseas visitors to my blog). Marie Huisman (nee Wells) was my father's sister-in-law.

My aunt left two sons and so I wanted to make my sympathy cards simple and not too flowery (is that a word?). I decided to also make them the same but used a different text on each. I used two stamps from Life's Definitions set - 'memories' and 'remember' - and mounted these on to black cardstock. The main grass feature is from the Inspired by Nature stamp set. I placed two black split pins in the top left hand corner and a piece of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon to match the Old Olive cardstock.

Sympathy cards are not made for enjoyment but I was pleased on how they turned out. RIP Auntie Marie, you will be missed.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

They are really lovely Mae and perfect for the occasion and the intended recipients.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These cards are so serene.

Tui Nathan said...

What lovely cards .... very fitting and appropriate for the occasion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails