Sunday, January 31, 2010

View-Master Card - Splitcoast Stampers Tutorial

I needed to make a birthday card for my nephew Gideon for Monday (and we are staying with them tomorrow night, or is it Sunday morning already so it would be tonight, before my aunt's funeral) so I thought I should like to try my hand at making a View-Master Card Tutorial that I saw on Splitcoast Stampers - click here to view the tutorial.

Anyway, here is the card I made...

Stamps: Wild About You
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Grey, Really Rust, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Holiday Treasures DSP
Accessories: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, split pin, Creative Memories circle cutters, 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and 1/8" circle punches


I was happy how my first attempt turned out but I think I would like to give it another go as I originally had the idea of the animals being on the back of the truck from the Loads of Love stamp set, however, I had punched my circle for the images to rotate in too far to the left to place the truck underneath. I also need to play with the placement of the images on the rotating disc for better placement in the circle. Oh well, gives me another reason to make this type of card again, but who needs a reason anyway!

2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is adorable. Must try one of these!! Make a mental note to self, "Add this idea to the very long list of things to try out!" You've done a fantastic job with this viewfinder.

Colorado Crafter said...

Looks like you did great for your first try at this kind of card. I had read through the SCS tutorial before looking at your example and thought it was not the greatest step by step explanation. Guess you actually have to "do" each step rather than read them to get it! LOL!! Like the previous poster... yet another thing to add to my "techniques to try" list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails