Friday, January 22, 2010

What I have been making lately...

I thought I should share with you some of the items I have been making lately in my craft room as my friend Jodyann and I gear up for not one, not two, but three market stalls in the next four weeks!

As my animal bookmarks were so popular, that I sold out at the last market, I thought I had better make some more, especially as one little boy needed to save up his $2 to buy one at the next market, he had already spent his pocket money at the last one before he came to our stall. So here are the beginnings of our stock of animal bookmarks - I need to find and purchase some more large paperclips!

A new design hopped into our stock this time - a frog!

As Valentine's Day is one of the next key events in some people's calendars I thought we should make a few cards orientated towards this. I don't have any specific Valentine's Day stamp sets but utilised what I had to create the cards below:

As you can see I love using Chocolate Chip and it goes so nicely with pink - I used a retired DSP called Berry Bliss.

Here I used DSP Bella Rose and I cut out an additional rose to raise of my card with Stampin' Dimensionals for added effect. I also like to sponge the edge of my cardstock or paper and find this adds a nice effect and blends it into the mounting cardstock below. Paper piercing is another easy technique and this can add a simple border to parts of your card, in my case the piece on which I stamped the greeting, if you can see that on the bottom left and top right hand corners.

I have also been making some post-it note holders based on a tutorial at Dawn's Stamping Studio, she has some other great video tutorials there as well. I made a few more 2010 calendars as well as a Birthday Card Organiser that I had been inspired to make from the last Blog Hop I followed which used the beautiful DSP Kaleidoscope that is available in the current Summer Mini Catalogue. I have not photographed my creation but you can see the one that inspired me here on Bev Mantle's blog. These are a lovely way to use DSP and get the effects of both sides of the paper!

Don't forget my Stampin' Marker Colour Club offer as I have a couple of spaces left and have extended the deadline to participate in this club - click here for more details.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to come back to my blog next Monday, 25 January 2010 when Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration promotion starts and a group of demonstrators (including me!) will be participating in a 'Blog Hop' to promote the stamp sets on offer and we will have some 'Blog Candy' on offer!

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! Mae, you have been very productive. I'll have to purchase your book of punch art when you compile it all!

Amanda Reddicliffe said...

I'm soooo becoming a follower of your blog!! I love your work. xx Amanda

Wendy Hawkinson said...

Do you have a tutorial for you little book marks? They are TOO CUTE!!!

~Wendy
stampiepoo@gmail.com

alittlelessuseless said...

OH I LOVE THESE, please can I sase those little guys they are sooooooooo cute

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails