Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 5 - Thumping Medallion

Today I will be showing you a couple of cards I made with the Medallion stamp and the technique called "thumping". I demonstrated this technique at a workshop I held a few weeks back now and the guests really enjoyed the effects it created. If you would like to hold your own workshop and to have a play with this technique or any other then email me today! Holding a workshop allows you to experience the great products that Stampin' Up! have to offer, you and your guests get to "make and take" a project, you can earn FREE stamps and products and of course you have a lot of fun!

Stamps: Medallion, Starring You
Inks: More Mustard
Cardstock: Whisper White, Garden Green
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers - Garden Green and Not Quite Navy, Rhinestone brad, Gold Organdy Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive


I wasn't completely happy with the results as the Not Quite Navy colour did not show up, it seemed to blend in with the More Mustard ink and become just another green colour - I think that shows my lack of knowledge from art classes and the blending of colours!

So I recreated the effect but this time I used Bravo Burgundy as the second constrasting colour, see my card below. On this card I also squared off the medallion image and this gives yet another effect on a card.

Stamps: Medallion, Whimsical Words
Inks: More Mustard
Cardstock: More Mustard, Garden Green, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers - Garden Green and Bravo Burgundy, Rhinestone brads, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive


Thumping Technique:
  1. Ink a solid stamp with a light colour ink.
  2. Using two or more contrasting colours from your Stampin' Write Markers, hold them like drumsticks and "thump" them over the solid image.
  3. Stamp your "thumped" solid stamp on to cardstock.
  4. Finish your card.

Have fun using this technique on your next card or papercraft project!

The Medallion stamp costs only $33.95 AUD and if you would like to order one then simply email me today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails