Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Faux Frosting Technique

For those wanting to know how I did the faux frosting technique on my previous Happy Birthday card here is the steps to take to frost your creations:

Step 1 - Mix Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter with your choice of Stampin' Emboss powder. Use a 1:1 ratio, or if you prefer less sparkle, use two parts embossing powder to one part glitter.

Step 2 - Stamp and prepare your project. Then apply Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive to the area you want to frost. Leave some texture as you apply the Tombow so it mimics the look of real frosting.

Step 3 - Sprinkle your mixture of Dazzling Diamonds and Embossing Powder over the frosted area.

Step 4 - Tap off excess powder.

Step 5 - Heat set as you would any embossed image. When the frosting starts to bubble, stop and let the bubbles go down. Then heat set again to make sure the adhesive is completely dry.

There you go. Easy as . . . frosting a cupcake!

When you have a go at this technique be sure to leave a comment here, with a link to your design, so I can go have a look at what you frosted!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Mae

I was directed to your blog while looking at the One Sheet Wonders at SCS. I've directed my forum group to your blog for OSW.

We are the Stamp 2 Spend group at Splitcoast and every Friday I post a new challenge.

I love your blog and will be returning for the other cool things you have going on.
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails