Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge No. 4

I missed participating in the third challenge from the Just Add Ink blog but have managed to put together a card for their challenge No. 4 - after cleaning my craft desk this morning! I rewarded myself with creating something before continuing on to other areas of my craft space that need tidying and organising - oh well, there is always tomorrow!

The challenge was to use the following four colours, you could also add some neutral colours (eg black, white, vanilla) but I chose not too...


Here is what I came up with, giving myself a challenge also to use a stamp set I have not used as often as I thought I would (bought it for scrapbooking actually) - Frames with a Flourish -...

Stamps: Frames with a Flourish, Occasional Greetings (retired), Organic Grace (Hostess Level 1)
Cardstock: Kraft, Rose Red, Sage Shadow
Inks: More Mustard, Rose Red, Sage Shadow, Kraft, Versamark
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Clear Embossing Powder mixed with Dazzling Diamonds, adhesive, paper piercer


I was really pleased how my card turned out and definately needed my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the frames so squarely and to also fit the images in the centre squares so well. This tool is so useful and one that I can't be without in my craft kit. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get more accurate placement when stamping just send me an email to: maecollins3@iprimus.com.au and place an order (cost $22.95 + p&h).

With the dragonflies and flowers I stamped them in Versamark and clear embossed them with a mixture of clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds. With the Happy Mother's Day greeting I stamped this in Versamark and then on to my Rose Red ink pad before embossing it with the same mixture as I wanted my greeting to have more depth of colour.

Here is a close up of the embossed dragonfly...

If you want to have a go at this challenge or maybe need some inspiration, pop across to Just Add Ink and have a look at what the Design Team and other participants have created.

Come and visit me again sometime!

10 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

This is so pretty, Mae! Those inks look gorgeous on Sage Shadow card stock. I like how you've embossed with Dazzling Diamonds too - so sweet and shimmery! Thanks for playing! :-)

Tui Nathan said...

Hi Mae, I love your card ... you have put it together really beautifully ... love all the embossing and dazzling diamonds, just lovely!!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love how you have used the square frames. I've just got that set. Can't wait to ink it up! Love the shimmer and dazzle - a gorgeous card!

daffyscrapper said...

WOW! that is stunning. I wouldnt have thought of using that frame like that

Nicole said...

This card is stunning. The squares are so pretty.

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I love this - really beautiful!!

Vikki Jo said...

Simply beautiful Mae! I really love those colors.

delysc said...

Gorgeous Card Mae!

Sharnee Torrents said...

Such a gorgeous card!!

Amanda said...

Very rarely do I gasp when I see a card. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. x Amanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails