Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A French Flair!

I have been making some cards and other items for sale in a shop in town, but the requirement is that it has to have a French theme!

I forgot to take photos of the first few cards I made but took some of these which I had the outline for in my head while making the first ones which were very different and used a retired SU stamp set Carte Postale. However, before I had the opportunity to put them together I noticed that another SU demonstrator had made some similar and posted them to her blog - Danielle Daws and I must have been on the same mental wave length at the time or found similar inspiration! Oh well, I decided I would still put mine together as I had envisaged them and share them here on my blog - what do you think Danielle a little different to yours, I like how you cut the birdcage out on yours?



The fleur-de-lis emblishment is not a SU product and the bottom card's ribbon is not either, these were given to me by the shop owner to add to the products I make for her. I hope she likes these cards as much as she did the first ones I made and the post-it note holders. I have other items I need to make for her so hopefully I will find the time and energy over Easter to get creative!

Don't forget to stop by my blog tomorrow to check out the new Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue from Stampin' Up! which will run from 1 April to 31 August 2010.

4 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Wow - I must have been channeling you!! Gorgeous. Where in town? I'll be keeping my eye out!! :-)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Very chic, Mae!! I hope you sell lots so you can go to Convention!

Mae Collins said...

Hi Danielle and Bronwyn
Thanks for your lovely comments. The place is called 'Chez Moi French Sytle' on Liverpool Street (hospital end) and I would have to sell heaps to be able to afford to go to Convention - one can but dream! :)

Linda's Craziness said...

These are very nice cards. The little bird cage is so cute on them. I hope you sell lots of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails