Monday, March 1, 2010

Market stalls

If you have been a regular visitor (and reader of my blog posts) you might have gathered that a good friend of mine, Jody-ann and I have been selling some of our craft wares at local markets. We had originally started off participating in the local monthly market - Dodges Farmers and Artisan's Market, held the first Sunday of each month from November to April. However, from customers at these markets we were asked to participate in the Eaglehawk Neck Market for their hall opening and from that we were asked to participate in a Copping Market as a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Research - Saturday, 6 March.

I was also asked by a lovely lady Helena to make 50 of my animal bookmarks for her to sell at her shop and so that has kept me busy lately. Here is a couple of photos of the bookmarks I have made (approx 80+ - 50 for the shop and 30+ for our two markets next weekend):

Note: the photo below did not have enough animals bookmarks to make a good shot so I included some from the one above, aiming to have atleast one of each of the animals made visible.

Inspiration for many of the bookmarks above came from talented people across the Internet as well as a favourite site of mine - Splitcoast Stampers.

However, my daughter challenged me to come up with an animal of my own design and so below is the 'hippo' that I created myself from scratch. I used Not Quite Navy cardstock and the Wide Oval Punch for his mouth and 1/4" handheld circle punch for his nostrils and pupils. I used the 1/2" Circle Punch for his eyes and ears and then used a Black Stampin' Write Marker to draw on his mouth - what do you think?


Jody-ann and I have given ourselves a name - J&Mpot - being a play on our initials and the idea of a 'pot' where lots of different things can be put in to make something worth sharing. Having a market stall is a great way for me to promote what I do with Stampin' Up! and to have an outlet for all the cards and papercraft items I make for challenges or the fun of it!

So if you are a local to my area and happen to come to a market we are at please come and say hello!

5 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

I love the hippo! He's gorgeous! Can you post some details about the market? I'd love to check it out!

crafty things said...

Great looking hippos!!

Dawna (Paws2Ink) said...

Mae, these are adorable! Excellent job on all of them! Congrats for expanding your market presence! That's exciting!

Princess said...

Absolutely adore the hippo. Gonna have to try it. Thanks for sharing this new fun punch animal!

Christy said...

What a great idea! How do you attach the animal cutouts to the paperclips? I'd love to try making these myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails