Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A memory of love...

My niece Haylee is getting married on 27 March 2010 and she asked me to decorate a book for her to use for guests to write sentiments in and to include photos of their guests in (at least I think that is what she said she wanted the book for - am I right Haylee, she being a follower of my blog!). Well I finally got around to finishing the task, nothing like leaving it to the last minute or at least last weeks!

Here it is...

The photographer is not very good with her camera, she needs lessons I think - me that is! I took these photos outside and yet the colours still don't seem to be a true reflection of what they should be.

Here is a close-up of my ribbon tying to hold it all together, as it is a Kaiser Craft board book that I covered with Designer Series Paper (Cottage Wall - available in the soon to be released Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue) and some cardstock. The decorative borders are not done with SU cardstock but another brand as it was a closer match to the actual purple colour of her wedding invitation, however, I was not completely satisfied with this cardstock. I so much prefer SU cardstock which has the colour right the way through the cardstock so if you get marks on it, want to tear it or try to rub off spots of adhesive and rub a bit off the cardstock, it still shows the same colour through. With this dark purple cardstock I used to edge the covers with, when marked it showed the white of the middle of the cardstock. Sorry Haylee but to remove it would have wrecked the whole cover and so I only used it to border the edges and used SU Lovely Lilac cardstock for the page inserts (thanks Nicki Batchelor for getting me out of situation of not having enough of the right colour cardstock!).


I used the same ribbon (white with Love sentiment) that was used on the wedding invitation and thanks to Haylee's mum for giving me the diamonte embelishment, which I think is also found on her wedding dress or another element of her wedding. It set the cover off so nicely!


The inside pages are Lovely Lilac and the outside corners where rounded with my Corner Rounder Punch and then in the bottom outside edge I stamped the flourish from SU Yummy stamp set (now retired).


The first inside page I enhanced with a verse that I thought was appropriate and I found in my craft supplies. It reads: Our Wedding - The day of our wedding will live forever in our hearts as an endless memory of love. Time stood still upon the doorstep of our dreams as we promised our lives to each other and stepped into the future as one. The day of our wedding will live forever in our hearts as a joyful dance of family and friends, laughter and song - a perfect memory of love. (by Kimberly Rinehart)

I hope Haylee and Michael like what I made and that it adds to their memories of their special day! Gary and I are looking forward to sharing in their special day.

4 comments:

Haylee said...

Thankyou so much Mae. The book looks absolutely gorgeous. :) Can't wait to see you next week. x

Robyn said...

Hi Mae! Thank you for sharing your lovely book and ideas! My daughter is getting married next year! Loved that beautiful verse- will rake a copy-think it will come in handy!!

Linda's Craziness said...

Gorgeous, my daughter is getting married in July and wants a book like this also. I think I will show her this when she comes to visit next week.

Christine said...

Mae, this is soooooooo gorgeous! You have done an amazing job! Congrats! Enjoy Haylee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails