Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Challenge...

I have often looked at Makeesha Byl's blog and the Inkspiration Challenges she sets (can't remember if I have done one before) and decided that I would participate in this week's challenge. The first card I made I wasn't happy with so I made another - this is my favourite - the other one I have included but further down in this post.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, paper piercer


Makeesha had given a colour challenge for the following colours:


I have been playing with the technique of "thumping" where you ink up your stamp image with one colour and then using markers (either one/two or more different colours) you "thump" (such a professional term where your use your markers like drumsticks on the stamp!) and put contrasting colours on to the stamp image. You may need to "huff" (again another professional term!) to remoisten the stamp prior to stamping the image on to your cardstock. I really like the varied effects you can get with this technique.

In both cards I inked my stamp with Creamy Caramel and then using my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker I "thumped" some colour over various parts of the stamp image. I then used the Brocarde Blue ink to add a contrasting feature element to my card - the small flowers in the top card and the 'heartfelt love' phrase in the one below. My card below I didn't feel gave the same impact that I had wanted so I made the second one (above) which I was much happier with.

Stamps: Tres Chick
Ink: Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Cardstock: Brocade Blue,
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Taupe Grosgrain Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals


Which card do you prefer and why?

7 comments:

mona99 said...

I would have to say that your cherish card is my favourite. But I do like both. With the cherish card I find that the blue and brown frame the stamped image and really makes the blue flowers stand out. I also like the paper piercing that you did. But as I said before both are lovely.

Genelle Little said...

These are both so pretty, Mae - I love the first one, the thumping technique adds even more to that elegant flourish. Love the paper piercing and the ribbon tab, too!

Liam said...

Just beautiful.

Liam

Lee said...

Both are gorgeous :) I love the elegant Baroque Motifs in these colours, and your ribbon ruffling and dyed flower on the second one are so pretty.

Lee x

Teneale Williams said...

Both are just gorgeous, love the thumping and ribbon on the first card. Thanks for playing with Inkspirations this week.

Thanks Teneale

Jessica T said...

Love them both! Great use of the stamp set in the first card, I have had this set for ages and you have inspired me to dust it off and ink it up! Love the background in the second card, and love how you folded the ribbon.

kirstyscardnscrap said...

I have always been a softie for Baroque Motifs.....so I love the first one but the second is also a lovely creation! Thanks for playing!
Kirsty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails