Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Couldn't Wait + One Layer Card

One of the joys of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is receiving new items/orders in the post! Well I received my latest delivery from SU and I just couldn't wait to try out my new stamp - Medallion - that is available for $33.95 AUD (great value!) in the new Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue. [Email me today to receive your FREE copy of the new mini, if you live in Australia]

I have intentions of making this a feature stamp for one week's worth of posting here on my blog - yes, that is 7 different ways to use this stamp so you can see just how versatile it really is! But, instead of waiting to get my 7 techniques and cards organised to go, I just couldn't resist in participating in a challenge set by Kristina Werner on her blog of creating a one-layer card, and I just knew the technique I wanted to use - 3D Stamping!



Stamps:
Medallion (
new from Autumn-Winter Mini)
Cardstock: Soft Suede (new In Color from Autumn-Winter Mini)
Inks: Whisper White (pigment ink), Soft Suede
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, White Embossing Powder, heat gun


Technique 3D Stamping [solid stamps work best for this technique]
  1. Ink up your solid stamp image with Whisper White ink.
  2. Stamp image onto a piece of coloured cardstock.
  3. Leave until dry or speed up the process with a heat tool.
  4. Using your Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp the same image, with ink colour the same as your cardstock, on to the imaging sheet [remember how you have your Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamp lined up hard into the handle's corner].
  5. Place the imaging sheet over the Whisper White stamped image and move it slightly until the two images are not completely aligned, just a little "off".
  6. Position your Stamp-a-ma-jig handle in the same way when you first stamped the imaging sheet.
  7. Keeping the handle in place, remove the imaging sheet from your cardstock and with the same ink colour as your cardstock, restamp the image. Your second image should be slightly "off" the first stamped image producing a 3D or embossed effect.
  8. Finish your card.

I really like this technique and I am also enjoying using this new In Color Soft Suede. I think you will be seeing some more of it as I promote the new Medallion stamp in my feature posts! This is also one of the techniques that attendees at my next stamp class will be getting to try as well as another that I will share later.

I hope you enjoy trying this technique out for yourself and thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and let me know if you have made a One Layer Card before and if it something you like or not.

8 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Mine arrived yesterday but no time to play. This looks great, Mae - simple but so effective.

Shan Reid said...

That 3D technique is amazing! It totally looks embossed. What a great way to add texture to a single layer card. Great work!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! :o)

aldebaran said...

Gorgeous card! I've never seen the 3D stamping technique used before. The result you achieved is just stunning.

Bridget N

Bobee said...

Your card is gorgeous! Just to clarify, you list white embossing powder in the products used. Is the first image embossed using the white pigment ink and white embossing powder? Thanks for posting this technique.

Liam said...

this is very effective.

liam

Mae Collins said...

Hi Bobee, thanks for your comments. The first image is not embossed with the white embossing powder just my greeting. I would have emailed you this response but could not find an email for you so hope you pop back here to see my response to your question. Thanks for stopping by.

liannallama said...

what a beautiful technique and such a lovely card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails