Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 2 - 3D Medallion

This card is also another repeat of an earlier one, previously done as a single layer card for a Kristina Werner challenge, but this time instead of it being a single layer I have layered it on Chocolate Chip cardstock and added a raised greeting. The technique I have used here is called 3D Stamping and I have explained it in an earlier post - click here to see the step by step process.

Stamps: Medallion (new from Autumn-Winter Mini)
Cardstock: Soft Suede (new In Color from Autumn-Winter Mini), Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Whisper White (pigment ink), Soft Suede
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, White Embossing Powder, heat gun, Soft Suede Ribbon, Scallop Oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


I think I much prefer this card than the single layer card, although it is often good to try and keep a card simple and clean, which can be just as effective as those with lots of embelishments.

Which card style do you prefer - clean and simple or ones with added embelishments?

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to come back tomorrow night as I will have another card using the Medallion stamp but this one will not be a revamped one that I have done previously!

The Medallion stamp costs only $33.95 AUD and if you would like to order one then simply email me today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mae, what a lovely card, love the colours. TFS. Cheers Donna Zammit

Christine Blain said...

The colours are divine, and this technique is great with the Medallion stamp. Just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails