Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 3 - Metallic Medallion

Today's card has been made using Brushed Silver cardstock and adding layers to the Medallion stamp image. I think it looks very elegant and would make a great card for an engagement, wedding or anniversary - I have left it plain without a greeting because I liked the clean image and I wasn't sure which greeting to use anyway.

Stamps: Medallion
Ink: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy
Cardstock: Brushed Silver, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Dauber, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Pretties Kit, Silver thread


I first inked up my Medallion stamp with Sahara Sand ink and then using a dauber I inked Not Quite Navy ink around the edges of the stamp. I then stamped my image on to Brushed Silver cardstock - it gives a lovely glittery effect, without the mess of Dazzling Diamonds - which is sure to feature sometime in this week of postings!

I then re-inked the centre part of the Medallion stamp with Not Quite Navy ink and using my 1 3/4" Circle Punch I punched out the centre and using Stampin' Dimensionals raised it off the first stamped image. I then re-inked the small flower centre of the Medallion stamp with Sahara Sand ink and punched this out with my 3/4" Circle Punch and again raised it off the card with a Stampin' Dimensional. [note: each time I cleaned my stamp before re-inking]

Then the Brushed Silver card was mounted on to a piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock and I wrapped some Silver thread around this piece before mounting it on to my Whisper White card. I added a small half pearl from the Pretties Kit to the centre flower to finish of my card.


This card was CASED from Darlene McCallum whose colour combination and layering effect was very appealing to me, so thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you for visiting my blog today and don't forget to pop back in tomorrow to see yet another card and technique using this great stamp! Bye for now.

The Medallion stamp costs only $33.95 AUD and if you would like to order one then simply email me today!

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This looks great stamped onto the silver. Very elegant.

Leigh said...

This is stunning Mae. Love it.

Christine Blain said...

Wow - what a great idea! I NEVER would've thought to stamp with these colours direct onto Brushed Silver cardstock; must try it. Looks fantastic, Mae.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails