Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #12

Well I managed to find some time to participate in this week's Just Add Ink Challenge #12 which was a simple sketch challenge. I think it is nice some times to make something clean and simple rather than having lots of embelishments or clutter on a card (although I like doing these as well). Anyway here is my entry for this week's challenge:

A close-up view:
Stamps: Garden Whimsy (a favourite of mine)
Ink: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Elegant Eggplant, Going Gray
Accessories: Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig

I made this card by first stamping my butterfly with Whisper White ink and then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig (great for aligning stamp images and text) I stamped my butterfly again using Orchid Opulence ink slightly to the right of the first stamped image to create a 3D type effect. I mounted the stamped card piece on Elegant Eggplant leaving just a thin border edge and finishing it off with a simple piece of grosgrain ribbon. I liked the simplicity of this card and so mounted it on Going Gray to maintain the plain soft effect I was creating. What do you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mae, this is so stylishly simple, it's beautful! TFS Cheers Donna Zammit

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Simplicity at its best.

Paula Fuller said...

Love that shadowing effect. Very cool.

Danielle Daws said...

I'm all for simplicity... mind you, it still takes me as long to create as any other!! I think this is beautiful, Mae. :-)

Christine said...

Mae, this is stunning, well done!!!

Amanda said...

So pretty. This set never lets you down, hey? Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

heather cudmore said...

Love it! Great idea for this large butterfly stamp: Garden Whimsy is a fave of mine too!! Well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails