Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Patchwork Top Note cards...

I really got bitten with the patchwork bug - not the material quilting one like my mum but the paper version! After making a Patchwork Top Note Card for my mum for Mother's Day I enjoyed the experience so much that I thought I would also make her a box of similar cards that she can use for birthdays of ladies in her quilting/craft groups. It was also a great way to use up my scrap pieces of Designer Series Paper!

I decided not to label the box I made as I thought mum might like to utilise this as a storage item for things she uses with her quilting after all the cards have been given away.

Here is a group shot of the cards I made and below individual pictures of the box and cards. I won't list the supplies used to make these items as they were scraps of DSP and it would take forever to track back through various catalogues to name them all. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I did making them!

Group Shot:

Box Top:

Card 1:

Card 2:

Card 3:

Card 4:

Card 5:

Check out my earlier post - click here - to see my step-by-step instructions on how I made the Patchwork Top Note.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the day, it is a beautiful day here! I just spent some time sitting on our balcony eating my lunch and enjoying listening to the waves break on to the beach and watching some surfers learning how to surf just in front of our place. I so enjoy living here at Dodges Ferry, Tasmania!

2 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

I really like the patchwork top note cards, too! They're very easy to make, but they deliver that "wow". I'm planning on teaching this type of card along with some other types in a "quilt card" class. I think it will be fun! =)

You did a great job with yours and I like how you inked your edges. It helps them stand out a bit. TFS! =)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Great cards, Mae. I envy you sitting on your balcony listening to the waves break! I miss that sound!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails